Pasta with Lemon, Basil and Olive Pesto
- 8 oz Penne Pasta
- 2 cups packed fresh sweet Italian Basil, picked and washed
- 6 large cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoon Parmesan
- 8 oz pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for pasta
- Bring heavily salted water to a boil and cook pasta until aldente. Drain pasta and toss in a small amount of olive oil.
- In a food processor combine basil, garlic, olives, Parmesan, 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Pulse until the mixture forms a homogenous smooth paste. Add salt to taste
- Coat pasta generously with pesto mixture and finish with cracked black pepper and lemon zest.
Don't forget our menu comes out every Tuesday morning and you can order directly from our website with just a few clicks. All our meals are made with locally sourced products and cooked fresh to order. We take pride in offering you delicious home cooked meals and we are always more than happy to cater to dietary restrictions such as vegan, vegetarian, gluten intolerance, as well as any likes or dislikes.