Zucchini Basil Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder,
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook another 2 minutes; then add chicken broth and basil leaves. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes or until zucchini is soft.
- Purée the soup in batches in a blender. Be sure to puree until it has a smooth, creamy consistency. Add sour cream and chili powder. Season with salt to taste.
Don't forget our menu comes out every Tuesday morning and you can order directly from our website with just a few clicks. All our meals are made with locally sourced products and cooked fresh to order. We take pride in offering you delicious home cooked meals and we are always more than happy to cater to dietary restrictions such as vegan, vegetarian, gluten intolerance, as well as any likes or dislikes.